New Dawn Build Lintel System
With vandalism and burglary becoming a more common occurrence, it is now widely recognised that there is a need to incorporate security shutters into the building structure as opposed to an afterthought.
The Warm Protection Products Specialist Roller Shutter Lintel System has been designed to allow an attractive roller shutter to be constructured within the building fabric, using a special lintel and cavity closure, enabling the roller shutter to be totally concealed behind the building structure.
Manufactured to the highest possible standards our Roller Shutter Lintel Systems are designed to achieve a trouble free solution to new build projects. To ensure our products meet the highest standards all our profiles are wind pressure tested then security tested to European Standards FIFT and TUV.
The Warm Protection Products Specialist Roller Shutter Lintel System is a high security roller shutter that is concealed within a special purpose made lintel.
Roller shutter tracks are concealed within the cavity for ultimate security. Roller shutter tracks are fitted onto purpose made cavity closure subframes which are built around during construction.
The combined subframe and roller shutter guide track allow for a thermal break in the cavity and acts as a vertical damp proof course.
The subframe two-part section ties both the brick and blockwork and has a substantial face return for fixing window/door frames.
Lintels are fitted with a three-part internal insulation section, fitted after roller shutter installation, this ensures high performance internal insulation and acoustic properties.
- The builder or construction company must calculate their subframe and lintel sizes. They then place their order with Warm Protection allowing 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- Subframes and lintels are delivered direct to site from Warm Protection Products Ltd.
- The builder or construction company build around the subframes using supplied brick and blockwork wall-ties. Brick and blockwork are built up to opening heights where internal blockwork is then stepped.
- Lintels are then lowered onto the top of the subframe guide track locators. Lintels are then centred to allow equal overhang of the shutter lintel endplates at each side of the opening. Lintels are then levelled for the next stage.
- Construction of brickwork and blockwork is continued around and above the lintel until complete.
- Once installation of the lintel and subframe is complete, the support timbers and braces from the subframe can be removed. Windows/doors can be installed between the subframes ensuring no projection of handles, vent or sashes fall in the line of the shutter guide track. Projections of door/windows should be set back at least 20mm from the shutter line.
- Installation of roller shutter barrel assembly and bracketry followed by installation of roller shutter curtain assembly and internal lintel roller shutter insulation. Mechanical limits and locking systems for shutters are then tested and commissioned.
- Plastering around lintel installation. (Not facia).
- Final electrical fix, spur and switch installation and connection by others. Installations of MDF Facia and Soffit Board by Contractor.
- Final check on shutters before handover.
Brick and blockwork around subframe.
Blockwork stepped at opening height for lintel location.
Lintel located over subframe guide locator and supported on stepped blockwork.
Brick and blockwork complete around lintel, subframe and electrical first fix.
Removal of timber supports and installations of window/door frame.
Installation of roller shutter brackerty and roller shutter.
Installation of insulation.
Internal plastering and soffit board installation plus removable access panel.
Check on mechanical settings.
External view of shutter full open.
External view of shutter fully lowered.